Film Imerys talcs - your ideal antiblocking solutions for LDPE and LLDPE plastic films
Antiblocking minerals for polyethylene and other plastic films must provide the right balance between good optical and mechanical properties, low additive adsorption and antiblocking performance. Imerys talc grades for plastic film antiblocking have optimal particle size distribution to obtain the best balance of haze and antiblocking.
Precisely ground Imerys talcs are excellent cost-effective antiblocking agents, providing:
- Excellent antiblocking and coefficient of friction (COF)
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Low haze, high brightness and transparency
- Excellent gloss, whiteness and yellow index
- Superior barrier properties
- Minimum processing additive adsorption
- Optimum cost/performance balance
We particularly recommend our micro-lamellar Mistroblock® product for plastic film antiblocking.
Imerys talcs are widely used in LDPE / EVA agricultural films for greenhouse applications where they:
- Increase greenhouse temperatures by retaining infrared radiation, optimizing light transmission and scattering
- Enhance barrier properties - hence impermeability
- Improve tensile strength and elongation of film
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.