Caulks, Putties and other Chemistries
Imerys supplies a wide range of mineral solutions suitable for improving the properties of caulks, putties, hotmelts, butyl seals and bitumen membranes.
- Improve sandability due to their natural softness
- Improve adhesion
- Enhance elasticity and cracking resistance
- Improve rheology
- Improve storage stability
- Make spreading easier
- Extend pot life
- Are natural, environmentally friendly solutions
Our Drikalite®, #8 White® , Microwhite® 100 and Camelwite® ground calcium carbonates (GCC) are cost-effective extender solutions for putties.
Imerys has a range of minerals such as Kaolin and Mica which are excellent fillers for polyester putties and automotive body fillers as well as excellent multifunctional fillers in polyester mastics.
- NeoGen® 2000
Our GSP-30 ground calcium carbonate (GCC) and Paragon (Air Float Kaolin) are cost-effective solutions, prized for the low decantation properties they offer to hot melt adhesives.
We recommend our cost-effective PolCarb® GCC range and Luzenac soft talc solutions for butyl sealants. Luzenac is particularly recommended for their anti-scratch properties in IG glazing primary seals.
Bitumen is an effective glue and unlike most glues is 100% waterproof. Bituminous membranes are perfect for waterproofing roofs, basements, below ground structures, bridges and other structures.
- Saca B and Sac 200Z kaolin ranges provide superior oil absorption and sound damping in bitumen membranes
- SuperSeal® an air float kaolin offers excellent rheology control
- 60-S, 40-S, 20-L, 350PO and 325HK mica range provides flatness and barrier properties
- #10 white GCC provides reflectivity and improves rheological control
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.