Moisture-curing adhesives Engineered mineral solutions
Imerys engineered minerals are solutions of choice for one-component (1C) outside-to-inside moisture-cured adhesives and sealants used for difficult-to-bond substrates such as metals and many plastics.
We offer specific product solutions to suit each type of moisture-cure chemistry: silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide and hybrid polymer systems.
High-performance silicone sealants
Imerys supplies calcium carbonate and kaolin products for silicone sealants depending on targeted properties in terms of extrusion rate and mechanical properties.
- Gama-Sperse CS11– engineered, high-end, surface-treated ground calcium carbonates combining the right rheology with low moisture content in a highly dispersible product
- Socal® and Winnofil – ultrafine coated precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) conferring the right balance of extrusion rate and mechanical properties at high incorporation throughput
- Polarite®- a surface treated platy kaolin mineral useful for improving rheology and reinforcement
Customized solutions for polyurethane
Imerys ground calcium carbonates (GCC), calcined kaolins and wollastonites are effective solutions for polyurethane based moisture-curing adhesives.
We recommend the following ranges:
- Kotamite®–GCC with optimized level of coating, including low-moisture content grades to decrease moisture scavenger content
- Camel-Cal® ST cost-effective wet ground GCC
- Polestar® – calcined kaolin provides the correct ratio between viscosity and reinforcement
- Nyad® - acicular shaped wollastonite improve cohesion properties
Imerys engineered coated ground calcium carbonate solutions for polysulfide adhesives include:
- ImerSeal® coated GCC with optimized level of coating including low particle size grades to boost mechanical properties
- Kotamite® cost-effective coated GCC
- Socal® 31 a uncoated PCC which improves strength and durability
Hybrid polymer adhesives
We supply a wide portfolio of calcium carbonate products for improving the properties of silane-terminated polymer adhesives and sealant formulations.
Camel-wite® is a cost-effective GCC products specifically recommended for providing correct viscosity and mechanical properties in parquet flooring hybrid polymer adhesives.
Our premium ImerSeal® and Camel-Cal® ST surface-coated GCC grades provide low moisture content, viscosity and adhesion in roofing adhesives used for EPDM and concrete bonding.
- ImerSeal® coated grades provide ease of use and improved storage stability
- Socal® PCC grades provide low moisture content and excellent storage stability.
- Winnofil® PCC grades boost tensile strength.
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.