Other Curing Systems We offer specific product solutions to suit each type of chemistry
Imerys has a large portfolio of engineered minerals which are ideally suited to boost the properties of one-and two-component (1C & 2C) where curing mechanisms include catalyst cured, thermal curing, UV curing and solvent evaporation. Our minerals benefit multiple applications used for difficult-to-bond substrates such as metals and many plastics.
We offer specific product solutions to suit each type of chemistry: silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide, hybrid polymer and epoxy systems.
High-performance silicone sealants
Imerys supplies several different calcium carbonate, mica and perlite products for silicone sealants depending on targeted properties in terms of extrusion rate and mechanical properties.
- Socal® ultrafine precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) confer the right balance of extrusion rate and mechanical properties at high incorporation throughput. Our Socal grades are recommended where resistance to high temperatures is a crucial parameter
- Winnofil® GCC grades provide the right balance of extrusion rate and mechanical properties combined with excellent dispersibility and good slump properties
- Harborlite® an expanded perlite provides lightweighting , reinforcement and control over the viscosity
- Suzorite® a ground mica provides higher thermal and electrical barrier properties
Other recommended products are also suitable for silicone sealants such as Atomite, Gamaco, Camel-wite and Gama-Sperse CS11.
Customized solutions for polyurethane
Imerys ground calcium carbonate (GCC), calcined kaolin and wollastonite are effective solutions for polyurethane based moisture cured adhesives.
We particularly recommend the following ranges:
- Kotamite® surface treated GCC with optimized level of coating, including low-moisture content grades to decrease moisture scavenger content
- Camel-Cal® cost-effective GCC
- Polestar® calcined kaolin provide the correct ratio between viscosity and reinforcement
- Nyad® 400 acicular shaped wollastonite improve cohesion properties
- Winnofil® the best solution to enhance rheological properties
- Socal® ultrafine surface treated PCC provides rheological and mechanical properties
Imerys engineered coated ground calcium carbonate solutions for polysulfide adhesives include:
- ImerSeal® 75 coated GCC with optimized level of coating including low particle size grades to boost mechanical properties
- Kotamite® cost-effective coated GCC
- Socal® a uncoated pcc which improves strength and durability
- Winnofil® – for good rheological properties combined with good slump properties
Hybrid polymer adhesives
We supply a wide portfolio of calcium carbonate products for improving the properties of silane-terminated polymer adhesives and sealant formulations.
Our Drikalite® a cost-effective GCC products are specifically recommended for providing correct viscosity and mechanical properties at high loading in parquet flooring adhesives.
Our premium ImerSeal® 75 a surface-coated GCC grades provide low moisture content and viscosity, good adhesion and elongation at break in roofing adhesives used for EPDM and concrete bonding.
Our Nyad® G wollastonite provides excellent dimensional stability of cured adhesives.
- Gama-Sperse® CS 11 and Kotamite® coated grades provide ease of use and improved storage stability
- Socal® a GCC grade provides low moisture content and excellent storage stability
- Winnofil® a GCC grade boosts tensile strength
Camel-wite® is a wet ground carbonate provided in either a treated or untreated form. Camel-wite improves the rheology control in the epoxy systems. The product has been processed to remove most of the impurities associated with the ore.
Winnofil® is a surface treated ultrafine PCC providing excellent dispersion, viscosity and adhesion.
Our silane-coated and amino silane-coated wollastonites are best-in-class solutions for improving cohesion strength and replacing milled glass fiber in epoxy systems:
- Aspect® a silane-coated wollastonites improve cohesion strength in thermoset seam sealers and structural adhesives and can be used to replace milled sized glass fibers
- Nyglos ® a amino silane-coated wollastonite improves cohesion strength in high filled thermoset composites, replacing milled sized glass fiber
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.