Non-Moisture Curing Systems Specific product solutions to suit each type of chemistry
Imerys has a large portfolio of engineered minerals which are ideally suited to boost the properties of two-component (2C) systems. Our minerals benefit multiple applications used for difficult-to-bond substrates such as metals, plastics, etc.
We offer specific product solutions to suit each type of two-component system chemistry: silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide, hybrid polymer and epoxy systems.
High-performance silicone sealants
Imerys supplies several different calcium carbonate, mica and perlite products for silicone sealants depending on targeted properties in terms of extrusion rate and mechanical properties.
- Socal® ultrafine precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) confer the right balance of extrusion rate and mechanical properties at high incorporation throughput. Our Socal® grades are recommended where resistance to high temperatures is a crucial parameter
- Winnofil® PCC grades provide the right balance of extrusion rate and mechanical properties combined with excellent dispersibility and good slump properties
Customized solutions for polyurethane
Imerys ground calcium carbonate (GCC), precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC), calcined kaolin and wollastonite are effective solutions for polyurethane based adhesives.
We particularly recommend the following ranges:
- ImerSeal™ –GCCs with optimized level of coating, including low-moisture content grades to decrease moisture scavenger content
- ImerCarb™ and PolCarb™ cost-effective uncoated GCC
- Polestar® – calcined kaolin provide the correct ratio between viscosity and reinforcement
- Nyglos® 4W - acicular shaped wollastonite improve cohesion properties
- Winnofil® – the best solution to enhance rheological properties
Imerys engineered calcium carbonate solutions for polysulfide adhesives include:
- ImerSeal® 75 coated GCC with optimized level of coating including low particle size grades to boost mechanical properties
- PolCarb® cost-effective coated GCC
- Socal® an uncoated PCC which improves strength and durability
- Winnofil® – PCC for good rheological properties combined with good slump properties
Hybrid polymer adhesives
We supply a wide portfolio of calcium carbonate products for improving the properties of silane-terminated polymer adhesives and sealant formulations.
Our PolCarb™ and ImerCarb™ cost-effective GCC products are specifically recommended for providing correct viscosity and mechanical properties at high loading in parquet flooring adhesives.
Our premium ImerSeal™ surface-coated GCC grades provide low moisture content and viscosity, good adhesion and elongation at break in roofing adhesives used for EPDM and concrete bonding.
Our Socal® and Winnofil®, surface coated PCC, provide the right rheology and mechanical properties in elastic adhesives.
- ImerSeal™ coated GCC grades provide ease of use and improved storage stability
- ImerSeal™ 50S provides the best storage stability on the market.
- Socal® PCC grades provide low moisture content and excellent storage stability
- Winnofil® PCC grades boost tensile strength
Our silane-coated and amino silane-coated wollastonites are best-in-class solutions for improving cohesion strength and replacing milled glass fiber in epoxy systems:
- Aspect® a silane-coated wollastonites improve cohesion strength in thermoset seam sealers and structural adhesives and can be used to replace milled sized glass fibers
- Nyglos® an amino silane-coated wollastonite improves cohesion strength in high filled thermoset composites, replacing milled sized glass fiber
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.