LASD and Plastisol Cost-effective sealer formulations for automotive assembly lines
Imerys offers an unparalleled range of ground calcium carbonate (GCC) and ultrafine precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) designed for sealer formulations used in the automotive industry.
PVC plastisol for underbody coating (UBC) and seam sealing
Our engineered minerals offer a broad array of benefits to PVC plastisol ranging from rheology modification to multi-substrate adhesion and stone chipping resistance. Certain grades can be used at maximum filler loading, considerably reducing formulation costs.
- PolCarb™ are cost-effective uncoated GCCs that can be used at high loading
- Socal® and Winnofil® are well-established PCCs which give the right rheological profile in PVC plastisols
Liquid applied sound dampers (LASD)
Imerys calcium carbonates solve hydrophobicity issues in LASD and improve the rheological profile of LASD. Imerys micas and wollastonites improve loss factor and mud-cracking.
- ImerSeal® GCC grades with optimized coating improve hydrophobicity in exterior applications
- Socal® uncoated PCC give the right rheological profile in water-based solutions
- Suzorite® and MU® micas provide superior loss factor improvement
- Nyad® wollastonite improve loss factor and mud-cracking
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.