Water-Based Adhesives Imerys offers a broad range of mineral solutions for natural and soluble polymers
Imerys offers a broad range of mineral solutions for natural and soluble polymers as well as latex acrylic water-borne adhesives used for adhesive papers, labels, cardboard and wallpaper.
Natural polymer and soluble polymer adhesives
Our ground calcium carbonates (GCC) and kaolin are cost-effective solutions for natural polymer and soluble polymer water-borne adhesives.
- LiquiCarb™ - fine marble or chalk-based calcium carbonate slurry solutions
- PolCarb™ / ImerCarb™ - cost-effective, uncoated ground calcium carbonate products
- Polwhite™ - medium particle size kaolin providing good viscosity stability over time and good anti-warpage properties. Available in a range of particle size to suit viscosity profile
- Argirec™ - medium particle size kaolin giving a stable viscosity profile over time, only available as powder. Color of the mineral matches the color of the test liner substrate. Argirec™ is particularly suitable for PVA adhesives used in high speed paper lamination
Imerys carbonates , kaolin, mica and wollastonite are solutions of choice for improving the properties of latex acrylic adhesives.
- Polwhite™ is a medium particle size kaolin providing good viscosity stability over time. Polwhite™ is particularly recommended for pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA).
- Speswhite™ is ultrafine, high brightness kaolin, providing good reinforcement. Speswhite™ is particularly suited for sandable acrylic sealants.
- Devolite™ is pre-dispersed coarse kaolin which is pH buffered with a closely defined fines content. Devolite™ facilitates high loading and barrier properties in high quality latex seals.
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.