Olive oil extraction Imerys talcs maximize virgin olive oil production
Imerys talc is an effective solution for increasing virgin olive oil yield throughout the full duration of the olive producing campaign. Talc works with all olive types and is particularly effective with difficult olives.
Imerys talc aids processing in olive oil production where it:
- Absorbs the natural emulsifier found in olives, allowing more olive oil to be extracted – particularly from ‘difficult’ fruit which contain too much or not enough water
- Reduces fruit solids in the oil which cause cloudiness and higher sediment levels, improving oil clarity
- Allows milling at lower temperatures
- Reduces the need for oil degrading techniques, eg. heating the paste or adding water, improving oil quality
- Increases plant production capacity
- Lowers emulsion levels in wastewater – often used to irrigate nearby fields
- Is a natural, environment friendly which does not pollute wastewaters
As talc is inert, it does not affect the chemical properties of the olive paste, nor the color or flavor of the final product.
We recommend our Talcoliva® grades for this application.
- Is registered for use as a food additive under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC), E553b (Annex II)
- Complies with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Complies with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- Complies with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Complies with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Complies with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- Does not contain allergens
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.