Seed Coatings Imerys talcs for improved seed homogeneity and integrity and seeding production
Imerys minerals make ideal seed coatings where they:
- Improve seed flow rate and seeder application control
- Improve the uniformity of seed size, making seed application more consistent and reducing over seeding
- Reduce abrasiveness and planter equipment wear
- Create a moisture barrier preventing premature germination of seeds in wet soils
- Maintain moisture levels in seeds promoting germination in dry soils
- Have a lower pH than limestone, reducing seed germination pH issues
- Lengthen seed shelf life
- Ensure right dose of coloring on seeds coat and that color film is even
- Minimize coloring oiliness
- Do not inhibit growth additives
Talc is also an excellent carrier for all types of seed additives such as fungicides, herbicides, and nitrogen fixing bacteria.
- Luzenac 2
- Luzenac H60
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.