Sunscreen Protection Imerys minerals protect growing fruit from UV rays and disease
Sunburn and heat stress can damage up to 40% of a typical crop of apples, grapes, pears and plums. Imerys kaolin and ground calcium carbonate (GCC) can be used to coat fruit in a protective film, protecting the crop from heat stress.
Our kaolin and GCC minerals can:
- Reduce surface temperatures
- Lowers sunburn by up to 60%
- Are easy to disperse
- Demonstrate good covering
- Do not affect coloring
- Reduces moisture loss, meaning bigger fruits
- Won’t wash off during watering
- Are non abrasive and won’t cause wear on washing water recovery systems
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.