Crop protection Imerys minerals protect growing fruit from UV rays and disease
Imerys minerals provide natural protection for fruit ripening in the orchard or on the vine.
Sunburn and heat stress can damage up to 40% of a typical crop of apples, grapes, pears, olives and plums. Imerys has developed and formulated environment friendly mineral solutions that can be used to coat fruit in a protective film, protecting the crop from heat stress and disease.
Our fruit protection products:
- Reduce surface temperatures
- Lowers sunburn by up to 60%
- Are environmentally friendly alternatives to synthetic chemicals and water sprays
- Prevent black spot and apple scab
- Are easy to disperse
- Demonstrate good covering and homogenization power
- Do not affect coloring
- Prevent moisture loss, meaning bigger fruits
- Won’t wash off during watering
- Don’t leave deposits after washing
- Are non abrasive and won’t cause wear on washing water recovery systems
We recommend our Invelop® talc and Argical™ Pro kaolin for this application.
All our crop protection grades are accredited for use in organic farming.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.