Joint Compound Imerys minerals improve the rheology in joint compounds
Imerys offers a wide variety of products for the joint compound industry. When drywall is hung, it’s attached to studs with metal fasteners and a gap is left between individual sheets of drywall. This gap is then covered with tape and topped with a joint compound to form a smooth surface finish that conceals any gaps or fasteners.
- Reduce water demand
- Provides consistent color
- Prevents shrinkage and cracking
- Reduces cost of overall formations
- Microwhite 100 provides excellent anti-mudcracking and barrier properties.
- WG™ high aspect ratio micas offer superior whiteness.
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.