Perliv® range Expanded perlite for lightweight concrete and loose filler insulation
- Thermal insulation
- Sound proofing
- Fire resistance
Imerys Perliv® is an expanded perlite designed for use in lightweight cements, plasters and mortars and as a loose filler in floors, ceilings and cavity walls.
Imerys Perliv® expanded perlite contains countless air alveolus which explains its excellent thermal insulation capacity and lightweight properties. With an approximate density of 70 kg/m3, Perliv® is much lighter than many other traditional building materials, enabling a significant reduction in end structure weight and facilitating handling and transfer.
- 15 times lighter than sand
- 8 times lighter than expanded clay
- 6 times lighter than volcanic granulates
Perliv® provides optimal insulation and is much lighter in weight compared to other insulation materials. (see image 1)
The superior insulation properties of Perliv® are demonstrated (image 2) by the drop in temperature provided by a construction wall system using Perliv® (orange line) and the drop in spray temperature (dotted line) for each material.
Other key properties and benefits:
- Fireproofing: protecting the structure and fixed assets of the building.
- Inert and non-toxic
- Low abrasiveness compared to other materials
- Easy and quick to use: does not require specialized labor
- Easy-to-handle and transport
- Reusable: any excess may be used in future projects
- No saturation point: works 100% all day long with no energy reduction
- Cement and concrete
- Cavity walls
- Block fillers
- Outer fillers and coatings
- Projected plasters
- Passive fire protection
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.