ELECTRICAL PORCELAIN Consistent quality minerals for low to ultra high voltage AC & DC porcelain insulators
Imerys offers a range of value-added, consistent quality mineral and prepared body solutions help you to maintain steady high yields during the production of insulators.
Imerys offers a range of engineered mineral and prepared body solutions dedicated to the needs of the electrical porcelain industry. Our solutions are developed to provide high yields during the production of insulators, and ensure excellent in service performance. They are suited to all electrical porcelain forming techniques.
Imerys mineral solutions confer a number of unique properties to electrical porcelains:
- Very high consistency
- Very high levels of plasticity
- High mechanical strength
- High alumina content
- Low iron and carbon contents
Our ball clay is suitable for all voltage insulators, including the latest generation. They offer the following properties:
- High plasticity enabling the shaping of complex items
- High unfired strength minimizing breakage during shaping, handling and drying
- Low organic content minimizing the risks of bloating, black coring and void formation from burnout
- Faster firing cycles, in both oxidation and reducing atmosphere that would not be achievable with other more carbonaceous products
- Low residue limiting sieving wastes
Our kaolin is selected for its high alumina content and low pyroplastic deformation.
- Particularly suited for large piece insulators
- Low rate of free quartz particles
- A range of particle size distributions to allow optimized particle packing
Suitable for all insulators up to UHV, Imerys feldspars are:
- High in K2O, resulting in low pyroplastic deformation
- Low in Na2O, maximizing dielectric properties
- Low Fe2O3 and TiO2, improving fired color
We have major ceramics technology centers in the Americas, Europe and Asia offering a full range of technical and process support services to help you match the right solution to your application requirements.
And with industrial facilities and blending platforms in Asia, Europe, Middle-East and the Americas, we have the resources to serve our customers anywhere in the world.