Imerys supplies a vast range of mineral solutions for the hobbycraft and artware industry. Enhanced product formulas and new hobbycraft techniques have expanded in recent years, with many new applications being developed.
With our vast mineral portfolio and technical expertise, we are able to meet our customers’ individual and ever growing needs by offering a diverse range of associated mineral-based products and services that exceed expectations.
- For different applications (casting, throwing, handbuilding, etc)
- Different temperatures ranges (low, high, porcelain)
- High quality and whiteness
- Vast experience in designing custom projects
- High quality and performance refractory solutions
- Only company in the world to manufacture their own refractories products from their own raw materials mines
- Excellent cast rate for casting applications
- Excellent fired color
- Plastic kaolin available when needed.
- High alumina for protection against deformation
Ball clay for slip casting & pug bodies
- Excellent Plasticity and Green Strength
- Good cast rate for casting applications
- Very good fired color
- Lower LOI, fewer surface defects
- Improved shrinkage control
- Higher impact strength
- Faster drying times
- Very low iron and titanium for excellent fired color
- High alkali per unit of alumina providing excellent fusibility
- Controlled particle size
- Consistent particles size
- Good fired color
- Consistent chemistry to reduce crazing potential
- Give translucency to the body (porcelain)
- Imerys Halloysite is very pure, with brilliant whiteness (low iron and titanium)
- Reduction of fired sag
We have major ceramics technology centers in the Americas, Europe and Asia offering a full range of technical and process support services to help you match the right solution to your application requirements.
And with industrial facilities and blending platforms in Asia, Europe, Middle-East and the Americas, we have the resources to serve our customers anywhere in the world.