Coal Mine Safety
Imerys ImerCoal® is a range of calcium carbonate based rock dust products specifically engineered for the coal mining industry to provide safety to coal miners.
Calcium carbonate rock dust is commonly applied to the roof, ribs, and floor of coal mines to help prevent explosions from propagating through a mine. If an explosion occurs, the rock dust disperses in the air along with the coal dust, neutralizing the coal dust which is combustible.
ImerCoal® is currently available in two grades:
- ImerCoal® Rock Dust for dry mine operations, providing conventional rock dust protection along with a superior white marble color. Applied with conventional dusting systems.
- ImerCoal® MT (Moisture Tolerant) Rock Dust for mine environments that experience high-moisture.
ImerCoal® MT (Moisture-Tolerant) Rock Dust
ImerCoal® MT moisture-tolerant coal dust is an innovative rock dust solution for coal mines operating in wet or high-moisture environments. When exposed to water, the new rock dust doesn’t cake, guaranteeing it will continue to function even in damp conditions. It is expected to require less maintenance than conventional dust and therefore reduce costs and frequency of reapplication.
- Superior white marble
- Meets all standards and requirements of 30 CFR 75.2
- Same application method as conventional rock dusts
- Increased safety in wet or humid mine conditions
- Cost savings due to decreased need of reapplication due to caked dust (still fresh 6-weeks later)
- Smoother application flow
Please contact us if you are interested in receiving a trial quantity to test at your mine site.
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.