Imerys provides mobile perlite evacuation, expansion and installation services for cryogenic insulation. With mobile services, perlite ore mines and fixed expansion plants around the world, Imerys offers full service cryogenic insulation solutions to customers.
Liquefied gases have boiling points as low as -452°F (-269°C), creating a demand for storage facilities capable of economically reducing evaporation losses. Widely used for insulation because of its low thermal conductivity, cost, ease of handling, non-flammability and low moisture retention - perlite performs well in insulating cryogenic and low temperature storage tanks, air separation units, cold boxes, nitrogen, oxygen, argon and LNG storage facilities, and in food processing.
Imerys offers full mobile cryogenic services to customers worldwide.
We also provide mineral wool installation cryogenic services.
Worldwide Assets and Service Experts
Imerys provides mobile, portable and transportable perlite expansion systems for operating at your location. These services are available worldwide.
We run well-established perlite expansion facilities in strategic locations throughout the United States to ensure continuous supply:
- 6 perlite expansion plants across USA at strategic locations
- 7 Imerys owned perlite ore mines worldwide (2 in USA) supplying a range of premium perlite grades
Middle-East and Asia
We have a highly experienced sales organization in the Middle East and Asia with access to:
- 5 Imerys owned perlite ore mines, in Turkey, Greece, Italy and 2 in the USA
- 7 mobile expanders and 2 internal vibrators
Safety and Quality
- Projects strictly follow all safety guidelines
- Highly trained employees per MSHA and OSHA standards
- Environmentally friendly machines
- Quality controlled equipment and processes
We provide full on-site maintenance services, including:
- Perlite evacuation/removal and disposal
- Re-installation (re-filling)
Industry experts since 1960
We have over 50 years’ experience in cryogenic and low-temperature insulation using expanded perlite:
- Project management experience, including with Fortune 500 companies
- Expansion plant management expertise
- Cost effective solutions
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.