Imerys supplies a full range of absorbents for cleaning the environment in the event of oil and fuel spillages, acid and chemical leakages. Our spill control product ranges include mineral granulates, polypropylene-based products and cleaning agents.
Imerys Absodan® is a type III R absorbent derived from calcined moler which remains hard even at full absorption capacity.
Absodan® is the the oil- and chemical spill absorbent most used by fire fighters and road maintenance teams since it is suitable for absorbing almost every liquid after an accident.
Absodan® is quick-acting, safe to use and can absorb all forms of spills on solid surfaces. The absorbing fluid is retained in the porous structure.
- Is chemically inert and does not react with the absorbed fluid (with the exception of hydrofluoric acid)
- Can be used for almost all types of spills: oil slicks, acids, alkalis, aqueous and organic solvents
- Is inflammable. When using large amounts of Absodan®, the granulate becomes fire resistant
- Can be used both preventively or intensively following a spill
- Is easy to spread and sweep up
Ekoperl® absorbents are type I/ II / III R buoyant oil absorbents made from expanded perlite which has been surface-treated to achieve hydrophobic and oleophilic (attract oils) properties.
Ekoperl® grades are suitable for:
- Water spills (fresh water, coastal waters, ports)
- Road spills (highway, airports, open country)
- Oil contamination in communal areas, industrial plants, degreasers, etc.
Sorbix® is a full range of multi-purpose binding agents and specialized cleaners, including cloths made from 100% microfiber polypropylene.
Sorbix® cloths are suitable for absorbing all industrial liquids including hydrocarbons and their organic compound derivatives, and shear oils. The cloths are perforated for easier and more economical use.
Terraperl® S Nova grades are type III R absorbents for oil and liquid chemical spills and acid buffering. Terraperl® S Nova is based on Tobermorit, an ultra-high absorbent due to its fine pore structure. They are designed for universal use: road surfaces, industry, workshops, filling stations, etc.
All Imerys environmental absorbents are carefully selected and manufactured according to our stringent quality requirements. They comply with all applicable regulations and are tested and approved by a number of recognized European testing institutions.
For more information, please contact us. We will be only too happy to help.
- Phone: +45 97 59 32 22
- E-Mail : Sales-DK@imerys.com