CALCIUM FORTIFICATION & SUPPLEMENTS Imerys calcium carbonates for calcium fortification of foods and dietary supplements
Imerys food-grade precipitated calcium carbonates (PCC) grades are excellent sources of calcium for food fortification and dietary supplements.
Our I-Blūm™ PCC grades are added-value solutions for enhancing the calcium content of fortified foods and beverages such as:
- Meal replacement bars and drinks
- Bakery snacks
- Dairy-based and plant-based beverages
- Powdered beverage mixes
Our high-purity precipitated I-Blūm™ food additive grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys owned mines. They are processed at Imerys facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
The I-Blūm range is available in four densities.
|I-Blūm F18||I-Blūm F23||I-Blūm F50||I-Blūm F70|
|General classification||Light PCC||Medium PCC||Heavy PCC||Extra Heavy PCC|
|Brightness (%)||≥ 98||≥ 98||≥ 98||≥ 98|
|Median particule (µm)||1.8||2.5||5.0||7.0|
|Tapped density (g/cm3)||0.50||0.70||0.90||1.05|
Our calcium carbonate food additive grades:
- Are registered for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC)
Calcium Carbonates: E170
- Comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- Comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- Do not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- Production in compliance with Food Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- HACCP in place at all relevant sites
- All sites certified ISO 9001:2015
The Food Regulatory Package and Kosher certificate are available from our download center.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.