CALCIUM FORTIFICATION & SUPPLEMENTS Imerys calcium carbonates and calcium citrate dietary fortifications
Imerys food-grade precipitated calcium carbonates (PCC) and calcium citrate grades are excellent sources of calcium for food dietary fortification.
Our I-Blūm™ PCC and Calcium Citrate grades are added-value solutions for enhancing the calcium content of fortified foods and beverages such as:
- powdered milk
- meal replacement bars and drinks
- bakery snacks
- dairy-based and plant-based beverages
- powdered beverage mixes
Our high-purity I-Blūm grades are sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys owned mines. They are processed at Imerys facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
The I-Blūm range is available in four densities of calcium carbonates and three densities of calcium citrate.
Our calcium carbonate and calcium citrate food additive grades:
- authorized for use as a food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC)
Calcium Carbonates: E170; Calcium Citrate: E333.
- comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives set out in 21 C.F.R. Subchapter B
- comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, Current Edition
- comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- does not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- production in compliance with Food Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- GFSI Certified site
- FDA registered site
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified site
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.