Sustainable development & Quality How Celite Cynergy® aids sustainability initiatives
Utilizing Celite Cynergy® as part of the brewing process not only brings technical benefits, it contributes to our brewer customers’ sustainable development agenda.
Beer extract losses
- Reduction in beer extract losses as fewer filter start ups and shutdowns means less beer and water interfaces going to drain.
Water usage and effluent disposal
- Longer filtration runs between cleaning saves time and materials, with a positive effect on water consumption and process efficiency.
- Reduced spent filter cake as a result of longer filtration cycles, which means a reduction in effluent disposal costs.
- Fewer filter wash offs mean a reduction in detergents and cleaning chemicals being used and going to drain.
Carbon footprint reduction
- Reduction of filter cake volume leading to longer filter runs between filter cleans.
- Reduction in hot water and electricity usage as a result of longer filter runs and therefore fewer filter cleans and sterilizations.
- Improvement and simplification of brewing process by combining filtering and stabilization processes and removing the need for silica gel during beer clarification.
- Use of Food Chemical Codex and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved materials— engineering from materials that already have Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) status and approval from the FDA for use in beer production.
- Rigorous testing procedures are employed at every stage of the production process, from the mining of the mineral deposit itself through to dispatch of the final product. Adjustments to processing conditions and blending of different batches are carried out in response to these results, ensuring our customers can always rely on consistent quality.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.