Sustainable development & Quality How Celite Cynergy® aids sustainability initiatives
Utilizing Celite Cynergy® as part of the brewing process not only brings technical benefits, it contributes to our brewer customers’ sustainable development agendas.
Beer extract losses
- Reduction in beer extract losses as fewer filter startups and shutdowns means less beer and water interfaces going down the drain.
Water usage and effluent disposal
- Longer filtration runs between cleaning saves time and materials, with a positive effect on water consumption and process efficiency.
- Reduced spent filter cake as a result of longer filtration cycles, which means a reduction in effluent disposal costs.
- Fewer filter wash offs mean a reduction in detergents and cleaning chemicals being used and going down the drain.
Carbon footprint reduction
- Reduction of filter cake volume leading to longer filter runs between filter cleans.
- Reduction in hot water and electricity usage as a result of longer filter runs, resulting in fewer filter cleans and sterilizations.
- Improvement and simplification of the brewing process by combining filtering and stabilization processes and removing the need for silica gel during beer clarification.
- Celite Cynergy® meets the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements of Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) for use in beer filtration (SCOGS Report Number 61). It is a Food Chemical Codex (FCC) grade product and is approved for beer processing by the FDA.
- Rigorous testing procedures are employed at every stage of the production process, from the mining of the mineral deposit to dispatch of the final product. Adjustments to processing conditions and blending of different batches are carried out in response to these results, ensuring our customers can always rely on consistent quality.
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.