Cellulose Fiber filter aids Imerys supplies an extensive range of cellulose fiber filter aids to suit all food and beverage filtration capabilities.
Celite Fibra-Cel® are cellulose-based products ideal for rapid pre-coating in beer filtration, especially when old or damaged screens are being used. Celite Fibra-Cel® offers a stable cake formation and can protect the filter cake against unwanted pressure shocks. It aids filter cake release during filter wash offs.
Multi-functional product properties:
- Precoats rapidly. Fibers quickly bridge openings in filter screens and cloths, especially openings too large to be precoated with ordinary diatomite or perlite filter aids.
- Promotes longer cycles. Fibers protect septums and prevent binding.
- Cleans rapidly. Releases quickly and cleanly from filter septums by backwashing or sluicing.
- Forms stable cake. Fibrous later resists pressure surges and interruptions
- Prevents filter aid bleed through. Fibers form a stable base for after pre coats and admixes of diatomite or perlite.
- Prevents mechanical leaks. Fibers can precoat comparatively large openings around gaskets and filter leaf seats.
- Separates liquid phases. Absorptive properties can separate different liquid phases from each other.
- Facilitates waste disposal. Spent cake may be incinerated to reduce volume for disposal.
Fibra-Cel Filtration Applications:
- Alkaline solutions - where even small amounts of soluble silica are objectionable
- Beverages - Excellent cake stability while preventing filter aid bleed-through
- Food products - Superior clarity and cake stability with a pure cellulose filter aid
- Petroleum - Removes emulsified water
- Plating solutions - Excellent solids removal and cake stability with nonsilicous filter aid
100% Cellulose Pre-coating Grades
- Fibra-Cel® BH-10
- Fibra-Cel® BH-20
- Fibra-Cel® BH-40
- Fibra-Cel® BH-65
- Fibra-Cel® BH-100
- Fibra-Cel® SW-10
Cellulose Pre-coating Blends
- Fibra-Cel® 5F
- Fibra-Cel® 7F
- Fibra-Cel® 11F
- Fibra-Cel® 5FP
- Fibra-Cel® 7FP
- Fibra-Cel® 11FP
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.