CHEWING GUM Imerys talcs - excellent fillers and gum-base regulators in chewing gum
Imerys food-grade talcs are ideal gum base fillers, texturizing and anti-sticking agents in the manufacture of chewing gum and bubble gum.
Talc is soft, innocuous and organophilic making it an ideal functional filler in chewing gum bases for both fruity and non-fruity flavors. Talc imparts excellent rheology and mouth feel to the gum base.
Talc is also an ideal anti-stick powdering agent, preventing gum sticks from adhering to wrappers.
Imerys food-additive talc grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys wholly owned mines in Europe. They are processed at Imerys facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Our talc food grades:
- are registered for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC), E553b (Annex II)
- comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- does not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- Production in compliance with Food Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- HACCP plan in place at all relevant sites
- All sites certified ISO 9001:2015; Porte site, Italy, certified ISO 22000
The Food Regulatory Package and Kosher certificate are available from our download center.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.