CHEWING GUM Imerys talcs - excellent fillers and gum-base regulators in chewing gum
Imerys food-grade talcs are ideal gum base fillers, texturizing and anti-sticking agents in the manufacture of chewing gum and bubble gum.
Talc is soft, innocuous and organophilic making it an ideal functional filler in chewing gum bases for both fruity and non-fruity flavors. Talc imparts excellent rheology and mouthfeel to the gum base.
Talc is also an ideal anti-stick powdering agent, preventing gum sticks from adhering to wrappers.
We recommend our food additive talc grades Olympic H USP, Imperial 500 USP, Imperial 700 FCC as well as our Glacier 200 USP/FCC and Glacier 400 USP/FCC as considerations for gum base filler and as a powdering agent in chewing gum applications.
Imerys food-additive talc grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals and manufactured at an Imerys plant in Houston, Texas. They are processed at an Imerys facility according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Our talc food grades:
- authorized for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC), E553b (Annex II)
- comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- do not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- production in compliance with Food Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- HACCP plan in place at relevant site
- Texas, Houston certified ISO 9001:2015 and Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.