The I-Blūm™ precipitated calcium carbonate product line has been specifically designed to enhance the calcium content of functional foods and beverages such as yogurt, meal replacement bars and drinks, bakery snacks, dairy-based and plant-based beverages, and powdered beverage mixes.
- High purity
- Low lead content
- Available in multiple particle sizes
- Improved rheological and flux properties
- Thermal stabilization during the extrusion process
- pH corrector
Our high-purity ground and precipitated I-Blūm grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys owned mines. They are processed at Imerys facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
I-Blūm<sup>™</sup> is available in four densities
|I-Blūm F18||I-Blūm F23||I-Blūm F50||I-Blūm F70|
|General classification||Light PCC||Medium PCC||Heavy PCC||Extra Heavy PCC|
|Brightness (%)||≥ 98||≥ 98||≥ 98||≥ 98|
|Median particule (µm)||1.8||2.5||5.0||7.0|
|Tapped density (g/cm3)||0.50||0.70||0.90||1.05|
Our calcium carbonate food additive grades:
- Are registered for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC)
Calcium Carbonates: E170;
- Comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- Comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- Do not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- Production in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- HACCP in place at all relevant sites
- All sites certified ISO 9001:2015
The Food Regulatory Package and Kosher certificate are available from our download center.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.