The I-Blūm™ precipitated calcium carbonate product line has been specifically designed to enhance the calcium content of functional foods and beverages such as yogurt, powdered milk, meal replacement bars and drinks, bakery snacks, dairy-based and plant-based beverages, and powdered beverage mixes.
- High purity
- Low lead content
- Available in multiple particle sizes
- Improved rheological and flux properties
- Thermal stabilization during the extrusion process
- pH corrector
Our high-purity I-Blūm grades are sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys owned mines. They are processed at Imerys facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
I-Blūm™ is available in four densities
Our calcium carbonate food additive grades:
- authorized for use as a food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC)
Calcium Carbonates: E170
- comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives set out in 21 C.F.R. Subchapter B
- comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, Current Edition
- comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- does not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- Production in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- GFSI certified operations
- Certified ISO 9001:2015
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.