Imerys Luzenac talc grades are excellent texturizing agents for gum base and chewing gum applications and ideal anti-stick and surface finishing agents in many foods such as powdered foodstuffs, seasonings, confectionery, cheese and processed meats.
Luzenac G20F and Luzenac G40
Luzenac G20F and Luzenac G40 are natural talcs which have been specially developed to be used as food additives. They have a lamellar structure and are physically and chemically inert.
Luzenac Pharma is a decontaminated talc grade, which has been specially developed to be used as an additive in foods and pharmaceuticals. It has a lamellar structure and is physically and chemically inert.
Our high-purity food-additive talc grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys owned mines in Europe. They are processed at Imerys facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
All our talc food grades:
- Are registered for use as food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC), E553b (Annex II)
- Comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- Comply with Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Comply with Kosher and Halal food specifications
- Do not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- Production in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- HACCP in place at all relevant sites
- All sites certified ISO 9001:2015; Porte site, Italy, certified ISO 22000
The Food Regulatory Package and Kosher certificate are available from our download center.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.