OTHER FOOD APPLICATIONS Imerys food-grade additives and processing agents for a wide range of food stuffs
Imerys offers a select range of controlled food-additive calcium carbonates and calcium citrate for use as texturizing agents, anti-caking agents, raising agents, anti-stick coatings, acid regulators, thickeners and bulking agents for a wide range of foodstuff
Calcium carbonate has a mild alkaline nature, and can be used to regulate pH of the food products, such as fruit juices, dairy products, sports drinks and jams and fruit preserves, while offering ready bio-availability of calcium ions.
Calcium carbonate has a high whiteness and ultrafine particle size, in addition to its primary function as a calcium supplement, it is often used to accentuate colors in foods such as icings, confectionery, food colorants and dairy products.
Thickener & bulking agent
Calcium carbonates are effective bulking agents as well as thickeners used to increase viscosity in a wide range of applications such as bakery products.
Calcium citrate can be used to regulate the acidity or alkalinity of foods such as fruit juices, pastes and preserves. Calcium citrate has the added benefits of neutral taste, good solubility at low temperatures and pH values under 4.5.
Calcium citrate acts as a hardener agent and keeps fruit and vegetable skin firm and acts as a gelling agent in products like fruit preservations and spreads.
Calcium citrate improves the quality and stability of food through their ability to control cation availability.
Calcium citrate acts as a stabilizing agent and maintains uniform dispersion of food through its ability to act as an anticaking agent.
Our calcium carbonate and calcium citrate food additive grades:
- authorized for use as a food additives under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC)
Calcium Carbonates: E170; Calcium Citrate: E333.
- comply with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- comply with US FDA Standards for Food Additives set out in 21 C.F.R. Subchapter B
- comply with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, Current Edition
- comply with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Kosher and Halal certified
- does not contain allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- production in compliance with Food Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- GFSI Certified site
- FDA registered site
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified site
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.