WINE FILTRATION Innovative solutions for optimized filtration, lower dosing rates, less waste and increased capacity
Imerys first started supplying filter aids to the winemaking industry more than 50 years ago when large-scale filtration became common practice in commercial winemaking.
Today, we are the leading manufacturer of perlite and diatomaceous Earth (DE) filter aids for beverage filtration, with nearly a century of production experience and applications knowledge behind us.
As part of our commitment to provide the wine industry with innovative solutions, we have spent a long time talking to oenologists, wine producers, filtration service providers and oenological product suppliers to identify their main concerns.
The ImerVin™ range has been developed as a result.
- ImerVin™ Efficace is an engineered filter aid designed for optimized rotary vacuum filtration of wine musts, especially the difficult to filter musts from thermo-vinification.
- ImerVin™ 800 and ImerVin™ 1200S are high efficacy perlites engineered to give higher filtration capacity at lower powder dosing rates.
Application specific benefits
- Increased capacity: ability to filter more juice during each filtration
- Lower powder dosing: enhanced ability to ‘trap’ must solids means lower dosing rates
- Less juice loss in spent filter cake, leading to more juice being fermented
- Less spent filter cake: lower powder dosing rates and less juice loss means less spent filter cake to be disposed of at the end of the filtration process
All our filtration products are FCC approved and manufactured in GMP facilities.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.