ANTACIDS Imerys high purity API for antacids
Imerys precipitated calcium carbonates (PCC) are excellent active ingredients (API) for antacids designed to reduce excess stomach acid.
Imerys pharmaceutical-grade precipitated calcium carbonates act as alkalis, rendering stomach acid more neutral and counteracting symptoms linked to excess stomach acid such as acid reflux, heartburn and indigestion.
Imerys highly soluble calcium carbonates contain alkaline ions that chemically neutralize gastric acid, reducing damage and relieving pain.
We recommend our Calcius™ range for antacids.
Our Calcius™ range is suitable as an active pharmaceutical ingredient in swallowable, effervescent and chewable antacid products as well as antacids in powder form.
Imerys pharmaceutical-grade precipitated calcium carbonates:
- Comply with US Pharmacopeia
- Comply with EU Pharmacopeia
- Meet all ICHQ3D limits for elemental impurities
- Exceed USP standards and California Proposition 65 requirements with regard to trace lead levels
- Are manufactured, processed and packaged in compliance with cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) at ISO 9001:2015 and HACCP certified facilities
- Halal, vegan & kosher certification
- EINECS no. 207-439-9
- CAS no. 471-34-1
IPEC member, Imerys guarantees the safety, quality and consistency of its pharmaceutical grades which are all derived from controlled, proprietary sources, available for audit.
The Pharmaceuticals Regulatory Package and Kosher certificate are available from our download center.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.