Pharmaceutical Imerys minerals are valuable ingredients for medical supplies
Imerys minerals are prized ingredients for the production of medical stoppers, latex gloves and dental alginates.
Imerys calcined kaolin clay provides the resealability, barrier properties and mechanical performance critical to protecting medicines from contamination and oxidation.
- Improves gas permeation and water absorption
- Improves sealing properties and good resealing after puncture
- Improves chemical resistance
- Provides good steam and ethylene oxide sterilization resistance and UV radiation resistance
- Are ideal reinforcing agents, improving mechanical properties of stoppers
- Effective processing aids, lowering compound viscosity and improving compound flow
- Provides good thermal resistance, color retention and extends service life
- Are chemically inert and do not react with medical substances, having no effect on the level of reducing substances, pH and UV light absorption
- Calcined clay and silane-treated calcined clay grades for multi-dose rubber stoppers where resealability is required.
- Talc and silane-treated talc grades for improving barrier properties in pharmaceutical stopper applications, especially when low compression set, low fragmentation and high tear resistance are required.
Imerys’ ground calcium carbonate Carbital™ N is a liquid form of GCC particularly recommended for the production of natural latex gloves where it improves mechanical, thermal and aging properties while providing reinforcement. Carbital™ N is recommended for the production of surgical, medical and clean room latex gloves. When added in the correct proportions, GCC can improve tensile strength— meaning greater resistance to tension and stretching. GCC also offers superior tear strength, so gloves are less likely to rip during use.
Dental alginates molding
Alginates used for dental molding are visco-elastic materials with rubber-like compliance. Alginates contain high levels of diatomaceous earth (DE) filler.
Imerys DE for alginates provide low compression set and low swelling, enabling dentists to produce an accurate mold of the patient’s mouth.
Celite™ DE range for dental alginates molding.