Swimming pool filter aids For sparkling pool clarity
Imerys is the largest producer of diatomaceous earth (DE) and perlite swimming pool filter aids. We produce and market our DE filter aids under the and Celite® Swimming Pool brand and Aqua-Cel® brands, and perlite filter aids under the brand name AquaPerl®.
Celite® Swimming Pool & Aqua-Cel®
Celite® Swimming Pool and Aqua-Cel® are high quality, diatomaceous earth filter media, specifically designed for use in swimming pools.
Diatomaceous earth filter media is made up of the skeletal remains of tiny aquatic microorganisms called diatoms. The remains of these diatoms form deposits of diatomaceous earth which are then mined, crushed, and dried to powder form, and subsequently calcined by heating in excess of 1,000°C.
Celite® Swimming Pool and Aqua-Cel®:
- Improve filter operation - Pre-coats fast and effectively, improving filter efficiency
- Provide optimum clarity - Removes particles down to 3 microns
- Make water safer - Filters out the most potentially harmful bacteria
Both brands can also be used in sand filters to enhance clarity.
Aqua-Cel® is available in the form of a handy water-soluble pouch that can be dropped directly into the skimmer without having to worry about dust.
AquaPerl® perlite pool filter aid
Aquaperl® is a low crystalline silica grade perlite, alternative filter media for swimming pools.
Aquaperl® is made from perlite, a naturally occurring mineral that contains no chemical additives. Perlite is a natural mineral that is volcanic in origin. It is chemically inert and has a neutral pH. Perlite is lightweight, non-toxic and environmentally safe. Perlite particle sizes are carefully processed to provide optimized filtration performance.
AquaPerl® has been engineered for use in diatomaceous earth filters, where it can replace both DE and cellulose.
- Is tested and certified by NSF
- Provides excellent filtration performance
- Has excellent precoating qualities, even in subsequent cycles
- Excellent dirt holding capacity
- Superior cake release during backwash
- Half the weight of DE
- Chemically inert, non-toxic and environmentally safe.
- Greater filtration capacity which gives the pool a sparkling clarity
Backwashes faster and more thoroughly resulting in less time spent on filter cleaning and maintenance
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.