Anti-cracking & pinholes Imerys minerals for superior anti-cracking performance in interior and exterior decorative paints and industrial coatings
The high aspect ratio lamellar particles act as reinforcing agent during coalescing stage in water borne coatings and upon drying it improves the film properties:
- Prevents mud cracking, hairline cracking and flaking
- Improves coating film texture and scrubs resistance durability
- Muscovite Mica grades are ideal for reinforcing the paint film and preventing mud cracking in mastic roof coatings, stucco and in low-VOC high PVC paints. In powder coatings mica products improved the impact and chip resistance performances.
- Nyad® wollastonite grades acicular morphology help in reducing cracking and checking performance in high-performance, low-VOC industrial coatings. They are also ideal anti-cracking agents in floor mortars.
- OpTiMat® 2550 are effective that as little as 3% by weight in a matt paint formulation can give 85o sheen below 1.0%. Low loaded coatings using the fine particle size of OpTiMat® have a smooth surface texture. Mineral hardness contributes to excellent burnish and scratch resistance. Additional benefits can be seen in high paint whiteness and increased mudcrack resistance.
Hydrite® SB60 is an ultrafine stain resistance additive that benefits paint formulators when adding to the grind phase at levels >3wt% replacing an equivalent volume of bulk filler.
- Hydrite® SB100 is a medium particle size stain resistance additive specifically designed to provide optimum barrier performance in solvent and water based coating applications.
- Kaopaque® 10 is a hyper platy hydrous kaolin designed to provide good enamel holdout and washability in solvent and water based coatings applications.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.