Matting Imerys minerals make cost-effective matting agents
Imerys offers a wide portfolio of natural minerals for matting paints. Imerys minerals are cost-effective alternatives to silicas and waxes often used in matt paints.
Imerys minerals with a specific particle size distribution diffuse light from the paint film, giving a smooth, deep matting effect. They are ideal for use in both water- and solvent-borne high and low PVC systems.
Minerals diffuse light from the paint film
- OpTiMat® matting agents are ideal for achieving a deep matt finish at very low loading levels. OpTiMat’s distinctive 3D structure results in highly diffused light scattering which produces very low gloss and sheen levels in coatings.
- Eco-Phyl® and Plastorit® leucophyllite grades enable formulators to achieve significant matting and scrub resistance without losing opacity in high PVC wall paints and masonry systems.
- Steamat® is ideal for obtaining opacity and a deep matt finish in high PVC decorative paints.
- Mistron® Monomix G is an excellent matting agent in low PVC wood coatings due to its fineness of grind and particle size distribution.
- Extra M100 is ideal for achieving a matt effect and superior anti-cracking in resin-based exterior plasters and interior and exterior decorative paints.
- Celite™ natural and flux-calcined diatomaceous earth grades also provide high matting performance and whiteness in water- and solvent-borne decorative paints.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.