Plastorit® For low VOC paints, high solids coatings, powder coatings and decorative paints
- Reduced VOC in industrial paints
- Enhanced scrub and UV resistance in decorative paints
- Optimum mechanical properties
Plastorit® is derived from a natural coalescence of mica, chlorite and quartz known as leucophyllite. This combination of properties makes Plastorit® a valuable ingredient in both decorative and industrial paints where it is particularly prized for the durability it provides.
Plastorit® is a mineral combination of:
- Mica: elastic lamellar mineral, UV reflecting, resistant to high temperatures, hard to disperse when used alone, soft (2 on Mohs scale)
- Chlorite: lamellar structure, hydrophobic, resistant to high temperatures, soft (2 on Mohs scale)
- Quartz: blocky particle shape, easy to disperse, resistant to high temperatures, relatively hard (7 on Mohs scale), easy to disperse
The coalescence of these three minerals gives Plastorit® its unique properties.
A three-component mineral
With a lamellar structure
Plastorit® in industrial paints
Plastorit® has a lamellar structure, is chemically inert, exhibits low conductivity and doesn‘t create structure viscosity. Using Plastorit® in coatings enables formulators to achieve lower VOC levels and higher filling rates than other platy fillers.
In decorative and high performance coatings, Plastorit® improves:
- Weather resistance
- Surface hardness
- Abrasion resistance
- Wash and scrub resistance
- Chalking of deep color paints
- Hard sedimentation
Plastorit® is ideal for:
- Wall paints
- Anti-corrosive paints
- Industrial paints
- Powder coatings
- Wood varnishes
- Road marking paints
- Floor coatings
A wide range of available grades
To help you select exactly the right Plastorit® grade for your formulation requirements, please contact our technical support team.
EU REACh and Ecolabel
Plastorit® grades are derived from naturally occurring, chemically inert minerals that are simply ground to achieve a specific particle distribution size. We do not use additives in our processes. As such, they are exempt from EU REACH registration and compliant with EU Ecolabel criteria governing organic paints.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.