Wood coatings Imerys minerals - your natural solution for wood coatings
Imerys minerals make excellent, cost-effective multifunctional fillers and extenders enhancing the optical and mechanical properties of wood paints, primers, clear coatings, lacquers and wood stains used for parquet flooring, doors, windows and furniture.
- Improve barrier properties increasing impermeability
- Increase microporosity allowing the wood to breathe
- Are effective TiO2 extenders reducing formulation costs
- Enhance matting
- Improve transparency
- Reduce mud cracking and surface cracking
- Enhance scrub and burnish resistance
- Provide UV and weather resistance
- Contribute to VOC reduction
- Improve rheology, paint adhesion and application
- Are easy to disperse
- Minimize settling
They are compatible with all solvent borne (e.g. alkyd) and water borne (e.g. latex, emulsion) binder bases such as acrylics, polyurethanes, polyesters, melamine resins, epoxies, and oils.
|Mineral||Product Grade||Function / Application|
|Hydrous Kaolin||Polsperse™ 10||TiO2 extension|
|ImerCure™ X10||UV cured coatings|
Clear coat and varnish
|Talc||Mistron® Monomix G||Sanding, transparency, blocking|
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.