Moisture Vapor Barrier
Imerys ready-to-use, water-based coating mineral and formulation solutions impart a functional barrier against ingress of moisture vapor for fiber-based packaging.
- Fast food
- Frozen food and chilled food
- Dry food
- Consumer goods
- Reel and ream wrap
It is possible to reduce Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR) to 10 to 40 g/m²/day in jungle conditions (38°C at 90% humidity) at coatweights similar to polyethylene extruded film. Coatings are formulated to provide the optimal performance as demanded by a given application. These coatings allow for a cost-effective alternative to traditional PE lamination.
- Glueable with both hot melt and cold set adhesives
- Can combine properties of release & grease barrier as required
- Heat sealable if required
- FDA/BfR compliant for food contact
- Can be adapted for varied grades of fiber-based substrates – carton, corrugated or flexible paper
- Can be applied using conventional coating techniques (curtain, blade, rod, size press), or flexo and rotogravure
- Easy to handle & safe to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.