Oil & Grease Barrier Coatings
Imerys ready-to-use, water-based coating minerals and formulations impart a functional barrier against ingress of oil and grease for fiber-based packaging.
Our range of Oil & Grease Resistance (OGR) coatings include highly versatile coatings that provide additional features like water barrier and release properties, to economical coatings that provide the just-optimum solution.
- Fast food
- Dry food
Our coatings provide KIT values of 12 to 16 in case of application with metered size press, blade & rod coaters, or flexo printers. These coatings allow for a cost-effective alternative to traditional barrier solutions like PE lamination, wax coatings or fluorochemicals.
Our coating solutions can be customized to meet specific performance requirements.
- Glueable with both hot melt and cold set adhesives
- Can combine properties of release and moisture vapor barrier as required
- FDA/BfR compliant for food contact
- Heat sealable if required
- Can be adapted for varied grades of fiber-based substrates – carton, corrugated or flexible paper
- Can be applied using conventional coating techniques (curtain, blade, rod, size press), or via flexo and rotogravure
- Easy to handle and safe to apply
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.