Water Barrier Coatings
Imerys provides ready-to-use, water-based coating solutions that impart water barrier properties to paper and board based packaging.
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Frozen food
- Soap boxes
It is possible to attain 30” COBB test results of less that 5 g/m² at 8 g/m² coatweight of Imerys water barrier formulation.
Our coatings allows for substitution of wax coatings with a recyclable water-based solution. They can be customized to meet specific performance requirements.
- Glueable with both hotmelt and cold set adhesives
- Can combine properties of release & grease barrier as required
- FDA/BfR compliant for food contact
- Heat sealable if required
- Can be adapted for varied grades of fibre-based substrates – carton, corrugated or flexible paper
- Can be applied using conventional coating techniques (Blade, rod, size press), or via flexo & rotogravure
- Easy to handle & safe to apply
For more information, please contact email@example.com
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.