- Easily recyclable
- Environmentally friendly
- Water, moisture, OCR barrier
Barrikote™ formulations are water-based barrier coatings, a dispersion of specialty polymer and minerals in a water solution. Similar to a traditional paper binder, they can be used on a paper machine, metered size press, blade and rod coaters and flexo printers and adhere to paper under normal operating temperature.
Barrier film is the part of the food packaging that is most difficult to recycle or degrade. For example, while traditional paper would degrade in two months in a natural environment, PE-lined boards used in traditional paper cups would take years to start breaking down.
Barrikote is 70% thinner than traditional PE barrier films, making the board easier to degrade and recycle. Despite lower thickness, Barrikote™ formulations provide equivalent water and moisture barrier performance.
Barrikote™ is ideal for water barrier coatings, moisture barrier coatings and OGR applications.
Products for paperboard applications
- Barrikote 1000 Series: Primer Coatings for superior barrier coverage & holdout; OGR Applications
- Barrikote 2000 Series: MVTR Applications, PE Replacement, Water Barrier Applications
- Barrikote 3000 Series: Hot/Cold Recyclable, Repulpable Cup Mid Coat Applications
- Barrikote 8000 Series: Hot/Cold Recyclable, Repulpable Cup Top Coat Applications
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.