PULP Optimal, cost-effective alkali source for pulp bleaching
Pulp bleaching is a necessary process for the production of both graphic paper and some packaging board grades. EcoBright™ is an optimal source of alkali in pulp bleaching, helping to save costs, reduce chemical consumption, increase fiber strength and minimize effluents.
EcoBright™ is a stabilized magnesium hydroxide solution that is not only environmentally friendly, but delivers cost savings by:
- Elimination of magnesium sulfate
- Significant reduction of caustic soda
- Reductions of silicate and/or hydrogen peroxide
Using Ecobright™ in pulp bleaching can result in quality benefits including:
- Higher brightness values and improved pulp dewatering
- Process benefits such as higher yield, reduced oxalate deposits and less carryover to the paper machine
- Environmental benefits like cleaner water circuits and lower COD/BOD in effluents from the bleaching process
Based on these benefits, it is likely that pulp mill downtime due to process equipment maintenance is reduced by the use of EcoBright™, which has a positive impact on overall productivity.
No matter the mechanical or chemical pulp application, let our innovative team help determine or create a solution specifically for you.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.