Construction Imerys mineral solutions for construction plastics and thermosets
Imerys’ broad range of mineral-based solutions for construction plastics and thermosets are cost-effective, sustainable solutions which add value to compounds either by increasing their durability, mechanical performance and recyclability or by decreasing their overall weight and associated emission levels.
We recommend the following product ranges for construction applications:
Breathable roofing films
- FilmLink®: fine engineered marble providing high film quality, optimal breathability, improved processability, good balance of mechanical properties and UV stability.
Flooring & Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT)
- Luzenac: engineered talcs to meet dimensional stability challenges (CLTE).
- Polwhite™: specifically designed hydrous kaolin to enhance scratch and wear resistance.
- VinylCarb Lux®: calcium carbonate specifically designed for luxury vinyl tile flooring systems, improved processing behavior and maximized mechanical properties.
- Ensaco®: high quality carbon black for conductive flooring applications.
Foaming & nucleation
Timrex®: graphite, improving thermal conductivity.
Insulation / Foam
- Socal® and Winnofil®: surface treated precipitated calcium carbonate range to control. stability of suspension and bead size while acting as anti-electrostatic.
- Timrex®: graphite, improving infrared reflection.
- ImerGloss®: high whiteness surface treated marble optimizing processability, color and mechanical properties.
- Suzorite®: mica designed for reinforcement and thermal expansion.
- Harborlite®: engineered perlite for plate-out control and die build-up reduction.
- Luzenac talc range: talc for improving stiffness and dimensional stability (reduced shrinkage, warpage).
- Polwhite™: hydrous kaolin for improving stiffness barrier properties.
- Nyglos®: specific wollastonite range for reinforcement, stiffness and better weld line strength.
- Socal® and Winnofil®: ultra-fine precipitated calcium carbonates to meet most gloss demanding applications.
- InFusion®: engineered ground calcium carbonates to maximize loading.
- ImerCarb® and PolCarb®: ground calcium carbonates to reduce warpage and improve extrusion properties, production efficiency and surface finish.
- Polwhite™: kaolin portfolio enhancing dimensional stability, viscosity and flexural modulus.
- Nyglos®: wollastonite for reinforcement and partial replacement of glass fiber.
Wood plastic composites
- Luzenac: talc portfolio designed to improve processability, wood dispersion and low water absorption.
- ImerCarb® and PolCarb®: ground calcium carbonates to meet cost requirements while providing good color properties.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.