Construction Imerys mineral solutions for construction plastics and thermosets
Imerys’ broad range of mineral-based solutions for construction plastics and thermosets are cost-effective, sustainable solutions which add value to compounds either by increasing their durability, mechanical performance and recyclability or by decreasing their overall weight and associated emission levels.
We recommend the following product ranges for construction applications:
Breathable roofing films
FilmLink® range: fine engineered marble providing high film quality, optimal breathability, improved processability, good balance of mechanical properties and UV stability.
Flooring & Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT)
Calcium carbonate specifically designed for luxury vinyl tile flooring systems, improved processing behavior and maximized mechanical properties.
- Reduced shrinkage
- Improved impact resistance & durability through better particle packing
- Improved flexural strength and dimensional stability
- Optimized particle size for form formation & tuft
- Better dispersibility of pigments in PVC and vinyl
- Optimal surface area and particle shape for resin extension
- Improved viscosity for production
- Micro-White 100
- ReMined 15
Calcium carbonate reduces the amount of resin required in the end application.
- Infusion Plus
- Camel-wite ST
- Socal® and Winnofil®: Surface treated precipitated calcium carbonate range to control stability of suspension and bead size while acting as anti-electrostatic.
- Suzorite®: Mica designed for reinforcement and thermal expansion.
- Harborlite®: Engineered perlite for plate-out control and die build-up reduction.
- Polwhite™: Hydrous kaolin for improving stiffness barrier properties.
- Nyglos®: Specific wollastonite range for reinforcement, stiffness and better weld line strength.
- Socal® and Winnofil®: Ultra-fine precipitated calcium carbonates to meet most gloss demanding applications.
- ImerCarb® and PolCarb®: Ground calcium carbonates to reduce warpage and improve extrusion properties, production efficiency and surface finish.
- Polwhite™: Kaolin portfolio enhancing dimensional stability, viscosity and flexural modulus.
- Nyglos®: Wollastonite for reinforcement and partial replacement of glass fiber.
Wood plastic composites
ImerCarb® and PolCarb®: Ground calcium carbonates to meet cost requirements while providing good color properties.
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.