Electrical & Electronics (E&E) Imerys minerals improve the mechanical properties of plastic E&E components
Engineering thermoplastics (ETP) and their blends are increasingly replacing metals and thermosets in the automotive and electronic and electrical (E&E) industries for high end applications. Imerys minerals make ideal multi-functional fillers and process enablers in the production of E&E thermoplastic components where they improve stiffness, dimensional stability, flame retardancy and surface appearance making them ideal for demanding applications.
E&E thermoplastic housings for computers, TVs and electronic devices
Imerys acicular wollastonite make ideal reinforcement fillers in ETP housings for computers, TVs and electronic devices where they provide:
- Improved dimensional stability
- Reduced thermal expansion, shrinkage, warpage and anisotropy
- Increased stiffness, allowing downgauging and weight reduction of thermoplastic parts
- Better stiffness / impact balance
- Excellent heat and flame resistance (FR)
- amatt surface
- Enhanced scratch and mar resistance
- An excellent alternative or extender to glass-fiber fillers
- Dielectric improvement
- Good polymer flow
We recommend the following products for PC/ABS blends:
- Nyglos® wollastonite for improved polymer flow, surface finish and stiffness/toughness balance.
- Nyglos® for partial replacement of short glass fibers (SGF).
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.