Jetfine® For superior performance in TPO, ETP and biopolymers
- Unique ultrafine milling technology
- Improved TPO and ETP impact strength at low temperatures
- Superior performance in biopolymers
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Reduced part thickness
Imerys' Jetfine® range of talcs have been developed using proprietary ultrafine grinding technology.
Ultrafine Jetfine® grades improve impact strength in high-flow PP and TPO resins used for automotive parts and ETP-based Electrical & Electronic (E&E) applications.
Used in bioplastics, Jetfine® considerably improves all-round performance making compounds fit-for-use to substitute conventional thermoplastics.
Jetfine® products can be supplied in compacted form for enhanced compounding throughput and dosing accuracy.
In PP, TPO and ETP resins for automotive and E&E parts
Improved stiffness / impact balance
The ultrafine particle size distribution (< 50% under 1 micron), highly lamellar morphology,and high aspect ratio of our Jetfine® talcs generates excellent particle orientation during injection molding improving the stiffness / impact balance of the finished part.
Jetfine® talcs are ideal for high-end applications which require superior stiffness / impact balance or where wall thickness downgaging is desired such as:
- Automotive exterior parts, such as bumpers, fenders, fascias, body or rocker panels, made from TPOs,
- Automotive interior parts made from polypropylene, TPOs, PC/PBT, PC/ABS, etc.
- Electrical and electronic (E&E) parts such as computer, TV and electronic device housings molded from engineering thermoplastics.
Thanks to superior impact resistance parts can be made thinner and lighter improving the carbon footprint of the end product.
Jetfine® outperforms conventional fine talc in PP copolymer
Enhanced scratch resistance
Using ultrafine Jetfine® talcs in PP and TPO automotive compounds significantly reduces scratch damage.
The scratch performance of talc-reinforced PP and TPO compounds is key for interior and exterior automotive applications where appearance is most important. Particle size distribution is an essential parameter for scratch resistance: the finer the mineral, the better the scratch resistance.
Jetfine® is an ideal reinforcement filler in rigid bioplastics such as polylactic acid (PLA) and polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA).
- Increases biopolymer stiffness
- Improves biopolymer dimensional stability, reducing shrinkage and thermal expansion
- Increases heat deflection temperature
- Improves barrier properties
- Is food contact approved
- Lowers the carbon footprint of the final product
Using Jetfine® in biopolymers transforms compounds into suitable and cost-competitive substitutes for fossil-sourced, non-biodegradable thermoplastics.
Jetfine® talcs are equally efficient in polyolefins, including polyamides, polyesters, PC/ABS or PC/PBT.
Jetfine® is a Pioneer product
Our recently introduced Pioneer certificate denotes a product that provides the highest social and environmental contribution to the downstream value chain, whilst demonstrating a low environmental impact in its production phase compared to its economic value.
More about our SustainAgility program.
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.