Rigid Packaging Imerys calcium carbonates for lightweight rigid packaging and optimized formulation costs
The packaging industry is the largest consumer of plastics today. To mitigate their carbon footprint and control costs, manufacturers are constantly seeking to reduce packaging thickness and weight. Imerys calcium carbonates are your ideal solution for achieving lightweight packaging with optimum mechanical properties whilst increasing production output and reducing formulation costs.
Plastic, Film and Packaging
Imerys calcium carbonate delivers customized performance to meet your product performance and process needs to improve the stiffness, impact strength, improves printability and offers better forming to thermoformed polypropylene (PP) packaging, allowing manufacturers to reduce wall thickness, improve production output and reduce formulation costs.
Imerys calcium carbonate:
- Improve flexural modulus enabling downgauging
- Increase dimensional stability
- Reduce thermal expansion, shrinkage, warpage and anisotropy
- Limit IR absorption
- Improve barrier properties
- Increase thermal conductivity, speeding up cooling, shortening production cycles
- Improve cuttability and printability of the finished product
- Increase heat resistance - ideal for microwave resistant packaging for prepared meal applications
- Are chemically inert and infinitely recyclable
- Lower the carbon footprint of the final product
We recommend the following grades:
- Camel-Wite® ST
- FilmLink® Range
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.