- Improved tensile strength and tear resistance
- Significantly better fatigue strength
- Carbon black replacement
- Lower hysteresis and heat build-up
Argirec™ clays are sedimentary kaolins produced from the Charentes basin in western France. They are very fine products with ‘relatively’ high surface areas that impart excellent mechanical reinforcement to EPDM and SBR.
Argirec™ kaolins are designed to improve the mechanical properties of numerous elastomeric systems, such as EPDM and SBR, in a wide range of end applications.
- Increase both tensile and tear strength
- Improve abrasion resistance
- Can be used to partially replace carbon black or precipitated silica
- Significantly improve fatigue strength
The particle shape and surface area of ultra-fine Argirec™ kaolins significantly improve the fatigue resistance of rubber compounds.
When used to extend either carbon black or precipitated silica, Argirec™ grades reduce filler-filler interaction, resulting in a lower hysteresis and subsequently heat build–up in a rubber compound.
Argirec is adapted for use in, among others:
- Hydraulic and industrial hoses
- Automotive hoses
- Cable sheathing
- Shoe soles
We offer a full range of bespoke formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.