Hydrite® SB100 Hyper platy kaolins reduce permeability of tire inner liners
Engineered kaolin, such as our Hydrite® SB100 are ideal for high impermeability applications such as tire inner liners. Hydrite® SB100 has a higher aspect ratio and provides improved barrier properties without impairing the mechanical performance and flowability of the compound.
Used as a partial replacement to less environmentally friendly carbon black, Hydrite® SB100:
- Enhances mechanical properties, giving better fatigue resistance
- Improves barrier properties hence impermeability
- Enables tire manufacturers to downgage inner tire liners
- Improves rolling resistance leading to fuel savings and reduced CO2 emissions
- Limits oxygen diffusion through the carcass preventing steel cord corrosion and improving durability
- Diminishes plasticizer evaporation, giving better thermal resistance and extending service life
- Is an effective processing aid lowering compound viscosity and improving compound flow
- Is a natural, environmentally friendly solution
We offer a full range of custom formulation and technical and process support services to help you match the right mineral grade to your application requirement.